Work Package Description
The aims of this work package are:
- Encourage and enable the public to participate in crisis communications that contribute to the security of citizens.
- Develop a website and application, optimized for mobile devices, that allows users of smart phones and mobile devices to report observations, opinions and offers of help/services (via text, audio and video) and receive information during a crisis.
- Enhance the public’s situational awareness by making crowd-sourced information (e.g. the crisis map, alerts, and headlines) available to the public.
- Provide a new means of communication for search and rescue that enables emergency messaging when land lines and cell communications are disabled.
List of Deliverables
- West Yorkshire Police (3 PM)
- Sheffield Hallam University (16 PM)
- Thales Netherlands (3 PM)
- EPAM Systems (4 PM)
- Research in Motion (16 PM)
- Epidemico – Lead Beneficiary (14 PM)